Saturday, March 27, 2010

Preview from the rest of the Emptiness!

The Emptiness tour just came to an end last night in Florida, and by following Justin, the new drummer of the Word Alive on twitter, I found this gem. I was lucky enough to interview the four opening bands on this tour with Skylit Drive, Of Mice & Men, The Word Alive and We Came As Romans with those last two interviews coming your way soon! This tour was a great group of guys and bands that I will definitely be catching again in the future!
It is a bit of a segue into my now weekly updates on Saturday mornings here at Mix and Mark. I'm now writing for three different publications along with maintaining this blog so look for some action at MusicRemedy and Shred as well. Emptiness news wise, everyone is tweeting away as they work on their long journeys home (some have 36 hour rides still left!), besides The Word Alive who have just made it back to Ocala, Florida where they recorded their last EP Empire to record their debut full length! I don't know about you but I'm hoping for a visit to Judy's House!
Besides that, these next two days are full of interviews and today the plans are to put up our new interview with Hit The Lights so watch for that one!
I'll also be back out on the scene on 4/12&4/13 reviewing two sets and interviewing some of your favorite bands so watch for updates on that as well as the dates come closer along with lots more we are planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment