Tuesday, September 15, 2009

the last of Warped, couldn't end on anyone but Underoath!

Well, here goes the end of my Warped Tour footage and definetly couldn't end on anything but Underoath. They've been on the tour for six years now and definetly a band that is known as one of Warped's best. Everything from Spencer Chamberlain being part of a epic spread of every year of Warped Tour featured by AP Magazine to being able to count on friends like Fat Mike from NOFX. My favorite part of their Warped Tour upbringing? The fact that they'll brave the elements to do press and do it in fashion. I wish I had a picture of the great garbage ponchos that the boys fashioned, seemingly coming out of nowhere into the press tent in Montreal. The four of us who had set up interviews all grabbed one of the boys which is when I grabbed Grant!

I know you guys are pretty much veterans of this tour, you've been on it a long time-
Six times. Not in a row though.
And you guys are playing the whole tour.
Yep.
Awesome.

Do you have any advice you would give to new bands on the tour that maybe you didn't have?
Uh, bring a parka, a rain jacket, that would be a great idea. Especially right now. Um,
A few garbage bags?
Yeah exactly (laughs). Just get out there and try to meet fans. The best thing to do is signing something at your tent, stuff like that. It's a great time to go out and meet fans face to face, that helps out a lot.
Warped Tour so far, there must be some great memories. I know this day won't be a very fond one but what's been your favorite memory so far. Besides today of course, any fun memories on the tour?
Uh yeah no it's been awesome. Just sucks today but by the end of the day, this will be awesome. Yeah, the tour's really good. Nothing crazy really stands out yet, we're only two weeks in but I'm sure it will all happen.

Are there any new bands you've been checking out on this tour?
I went to check out Jeffree Star the other day but I missed his show. I wanted to check that out. Checked out Millionaires yesterday, that was..interesting.
I talked to them earlier.
Yeah? How was that? Good?
It was good! I liked them!
Uh, Gallows were cool. I watched them all the time. Very good. InnerPartySytem, P.O.S., actually, I saw for the first time Dear and The Headlights. They were so good, I had never seen them before, they were really good.

How have the shows been going so far?
Really good. Every show's different. There are some days like just go off really awesome. We've been psyched on every day but uh, Dallas was really cool. Southern california is always good.

I don't know if you guys come to Canada that often, but when you do go to other countries, does the crowd or scene ever seem that different, different responses to your show?
In Canada?
Everywhere.
I mean yeah. We went to South America last year and it was the first time we had been there. The kids have been waiting there for a while so we appreciated it more because we don't get to go there as often so they definetly were more amped.

You've been on the Warped Tour for a few years! Were there any bands that you were looking forward to?
There were a lot that have been on the tour. Growing up, Less Than Jake was one of my favorite bands and I will watch them play every day. When Thursday was on it, they were like one of my favorite bands. Everytime I die, a lot of those bands that we really like, it was great to be able to go on tour with them.

If someone's never seen your set, how would you describe your music?
I would say...that you're going to be rocked. Keeps it kind of just simple. Rock.

Awesome. Can we expect any new music, tours, etcetera after this summer?
We're going to do a fall/winter headliner and a couple of guys are having babies so we're taking time off.
Oh that's good.
Not me, so new record probably next year maybe.


--
You can find more of their music here

No comments:

Post a Comment