Saturday, May 30, 2009

Artist Of The Week: A Cursive Memory

I'm a sucker for covers, and always the ones that seem to come out of nowhere. That's what I got when I came across a cover of that over played Rihanna hit (not like it's any different from her others!) 'Disturbia' but with a twist from the band A Cursive Memory. It regained my trust in these guys and brought back some sweet memories from when I first heard of them and their crazy phenom idea of 'Bandarazzi'.

This band went around where they grew up in West Hollywood, carrying around a stereo blasting their tunes and quickly taking pictures of themselves with random celebrities (and a little ditty with TMZ). During this celebrity picture taking phase with Carlton from the Fresh Prince and Spiderman included, I quickly fell for these guys but after a while, they fell off my radar and now they have regained a spot!

You can check out more of their music here, including the cover of Disturbia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment