Saturday, May 23, 2009

Want to see some live music?

Hey everyone. I know it has been a while of time since I posted something last but be prepared for some marathon work lately. I have some interviews with some great bands like The Movement, Chester French and Linden coming your way and I am also going to be putting up some video pieces soon along with some concert reviews. 

A few bands I have been talking with and two I have finished interviews with are going to be playing Montreal in about two weeks. On June 5th, half local Montreal/half Manotick, ONT band Hollerado will be playing Le Divan Orange with special guests Zeroes and The Goodluck Assembly for their Pop Montreal Tour, which shares it's name with the popular Montreal festival.  The boys of Hollerado just returned from a tour to China with The Stills and have plenty of dates coming up which you can check out all over Canada ranging from playing Ottawa with Malajube to Victoria, British Colombia all within the next month of June.  

Another concert coming up, just the day after Hollerado's set are two bands that I have finished interviews with (up today!), Toronto's own indie wonder Norglen and the boys of Benefit of a Doubt at Il Motore on June 6th.  These two acts are currently on tour with each other across Canada and it's going to be a great show and treat to see them play the same venue and knowing both of them.

I'll be at both of these shows and look forward to seeing some faces at them. Both promise to be great nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment