Sunday, February 7, 2010

That song that made me smile. "Reasons" by Augustana

"You had your reasons, lord I have mine. Don't call me baby, don't even try. You have your freedom, lord I have mine. Don't call me baby, don't waste your time".

If you have been a reader of this blog for a while, it's probably completely obvious to you who I like to call my favorite band. I have been a fan of Augustana for about four years now and they tend to keep the spot of my favorite band I still listen to. I have seen them twice in the past four years and hope that I can get the chance to both see them once again this year and have the chance to sit down and do an interview with them. Considering they are working on their new album right now, I think the chance will come pretty soon!
My personal favorite song from this band is a "secret" track on their last album 'Can't Love, Can't Hurt' and one that they played at their last show I saw them at in Montreal. It's called Reasons and it is one of the most adorable and heart wrenching songs I have heard in a long time. I just got reacquainted with it while clicking through my long list of favorites on youtube so hear it here:

No comments:

Post a Comment