Sunday, June 14, 2009

I don't care if I'm a guilty pleasure for you.

"I came here to make you dance tonight, I don't care if I'm a guilty pleasure for you. Shut up cause we won't stop and we're getting down til the sun's coming up," is just a taste of my first to none biggest guilty pleasure right now just as the lyrics suggest.

I've "worked" for these guys in the past, in particular at their latest date opening on the Believers Never Die tour for Fall Out Boy in Montreal on May 6th and it was a blast! Everyone in the longest line I have ever seen in my life didn't mind me pushing postcard fliers in their faces for this great contemporary alternative band (Vicky, the sole girl in the band plays a keyboard guitar) for their new album dropping this summer and their tour video blogs(...they are genius!). Besides all the great new things coming from these guys, it also may have just been their love for Mr. Gabe Saporta, the lead singer of the group or their supposed connections that some "haters" think are the only reason the fabulous people behind Cobra Starship have become successful. These guys don't care, they even got a song title out of it ("Pete Wentz Is The Only Reason We're Famous").

When I first saw this guilty pleasure of mine live on the Fall Out Boy tour, I really did know I was in for the treat. The guys were great, putting me on their guestlist for the night and put on a great set to warm up the crowd! With such upcoming hits like "Kiss My Sass" and public mockeries of overplayed radio pop songs like 'Hollerback Boy' and 'I Kissed A Girl', this group is going to be a force to be reckoned with and look for even more amazing stuff coming soon. You can find more of their music here along with a great cameo by the actually really talented Leighton Meester on their hit single singing about how Gabe makes the good girls go bad!

The new cd, "Hot Mess" drops August 11th and right now you can also download their newest single "Good Girls Go Bad" on iTunes right now!
You can also follow two of them on the always addicting twitter at @GabrielSaporta and the amazinglty talented only girl in the band @vickytcobra !

No comments:

Post a Comment