Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hanson @ Bamboozle?! <3


If you know me, or read this blog steadily considering how much of my inner music geek I let get out on it, you'll know I never hide guilty pleasure music for me. One of those bands would be Hanson. I kind of was once again familiarized with the band when I went to their show this past October in Boston at the House of Blues. I was there to interview their main opener Hellogoodbye and waited with Zach to be let in to the venue when girls were going crazy over him before the show. I unfortunately missed their set that night due to having to run to another show across town but since then, I've been listening to a few of their songs again and really like their newest acoustic EP, 'Stand Up Stand Up'.

Admit it. When you were younger and when I was younger too, we all had crushes on the sixteen year old version of Hanson, and for the youngest maybe he was eight at the time. Mmmbop was played at all of our elementary school dances and their multiple "comebacks" were played on MTV through out the rest of our education. The brothers never really disappeared, they just became a relatively underground artist. As seen at their show, and on their multiple tours and albums through out the years, they have maintained a very loyal fan base and that could be the reasoning behind the shows just announced. They will be doing a five night residency at Gramercy Theater in New York, each night playing the entirety of one album leading up to playing the entirety of their new album coming out this spring. The next night, they will be playing Bamboozle which just got announced an hour or so ago.

I have a feeling we are all going to be re-introduced to these boys in 2010, and I know they'll have a solid crowd at the festival! All the best of luck to the boys, I'm looking forward to the new album!

No comments:

Post a Comment