Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The openers of the Pac Sun Tour: Eye Alaska.


This year's PacSun tour has quickly become famous for the wide variety of acts brought on the tour this fall. You have Saosin, techno electronic InnerPartySystem, rapper POS and words cannot even describe Eye Alaska. While listening to their music, I think of the mod time period in England, lyrics reminiscent to Robin Thicke and hard rock and roll. The lyrics are the kind that will get stuck in your head extremely easily and seem really familiar to me.

Sitting here listening to their tracks on myspace while I write this interview here, I am struck by the difference of emotions and feelings I get from their live show to sitting at my computer listening to their music. To see them live is something you must do if you want to get the real Eye Alaska experience. To be perfectly honest, I was blown away by their live show. They came on the stage with a bang and never let the energy level go down. It seems that they come alive on the stage with passion and put on a completely different live show from something I would ever expect just by listening to their tracks at home, and it's a good thing. The band is definitely one to look out for!

After the show, I got a chance to sit down with Brandon Wronski, the lead singer after their show at the House of Blues in Boston. He was energetic and passionate through out the interview but he didn't seem anything like what I had just seen portrayed on stage from him. He's an entertainer and so is the rest of the band for sure!

How has the Pac Sun tour been going so far?
It's been really really good. All the bands have been awesome. The diversity of the whole thing is really cool.

What's your favorite part of touring?
Meeting new people is always cool, especially getting to know the other guys on the tour. Making new friends is always fun!

Your album just came out a little while ago, 'Genesis Underground'. How has it be going so far?
It's been awesome, really really cool. It came out in the middle of last tour, so it's only been a while.

How did getting signed to Fearless come about?
Well, we were talking to a bunch of different places and then Fearless came to see us play. A lot of the other labels wanted us to choose one style and try to fit us in a box. Fearless came to us and they got our vision and understood us. They knew we had different styles and different emotions and they were the only ones who really go that.

If you could do a dream tour with any bands, who would they be?
Jay Z and um..Bjork.

Who are some of your bigger influences?
I listen to a lot of movie soundtracks and hip hop, country, really everything.

If you were to, what would you cover for classic rock?
I don't really like classic rock.
Country?
(laughs) I would do Rascal Flatts. I'm a big fan. I love Rascal Flatts.

If you were to do a collaboration with anyone else on the tour, who would it be?
Ooh. Um, I'd probably do. I don't know, I'd love to do a collab with anyone. I love everyone. Probably everyone in one collab, one giant song.

What's your favorite treat?
Right now, I'd say like a Take Five bar. That's my jam. Someone made take five cookies once for us!

What's the craziest thing a fan has ever given you?
I tweeted how much I wanted a mini pig like you know those pigs that are like mini, like a teacup and they don't get any bigger. I was like, 'oh i want one so bad' and this girl was like 'oh there is a mini pig farm across the street from my house'. She was like 'I really want to bring you one. Would you take care of it?' YES! So, if that happens I'm gonna be really psyched!

--
Watch out for these boys on the last few dates of the PacSun tour, and check out their tunes on their myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment