Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Welcome to 2010!

I've talked about it before on here, but just to reinforce it, I couldn't be more excited about what 2010 has to bring for the music world. Maybe it's always this exciting because I really got moving only about six months ago and I've learned about so many new bands but I can't wait for what is to come.

Something that I got really excited about is something I came across while I was researching for my Ace Enders interview at Jingle My Bells on December 19th. I knew that he also worked as a producer but what's really special for me is that he produced Just Left's last record. The band is still really young but their song "Memmi" is the song that really made me fall in love with music and know this is the industry I want to work in for my whole life and I just reconnected with their music today. If you don't know them, they are this awesome band out of Chicago (what band isn't awesome lately from Chicago..examples The Audition, The Academy Is.., The Frantic, Treaty of Paris) but you get my point!

Which got me thinking. The Audition, after a few dates with Every Avenue as main support, are going on their own headlining tour in late January/February and I've been dorkily planning out the dream lineup in the head. I really think it would be cool if they pulled along fellow Chicago acts like The Frantic and Just Left or even Treaty of Paris. Treaty of Paris does have a new album coming out this year, they're friends and they have a new EP being released on January 9th. It could totally happen!

It's so trippy to think too that four of the bands I listen to most are still under the level of these first year together bands while they have been working for so long. Each band I've talked about here. Just Left is four years, Treaty of Paris is three...it's just crazy to think about how your success can skyrocket for some within like two months and some work their whole lives to open for other bands their whole career.

Check out all of the mentioned bands on their myspaces below respectively:
The Audition
The Frantic
Treaty of Paris
Just Left

No comments:

Post a Comment